The conference will be held at the AMREP Education Centre, located on the grounds of the Alfred Hospital, 99 Commercial Rd, Prahran, 3181 (please see below for a map).
The entrance to the AMREP Centre is off Commercial Rd, next to the Baker IDI Institute. Please see below for a map and ask at Alfred Hospital Main Reception if you require further directions.
Getting around Melbourne/to the venue
The Alfred Hospital is only 15 minutes from the city centre and easily accessible via public transport.
- Trains: Prahran railway station is only a short stroll along Greville St from The Alfred
- Buses: Bus routes from the city 216, 219 and 220 will take passengers to The Alfred.
- Trams: From Swanston Street City. All trams except nos.8 and1 travel along St Kilda Rd. Alight at the corner of St Kilda and Commercial Roads. Tram no 72 does travel along Commercial Road and there is a tram stop at the Main Entrance of The Alfred.
- Taxi There is a taxi rank on Commercial Road, directly outside The Alfred. A phone booking service is available in the foyer at the main entrance to the Hospital.
The Melbourne city centre is a 15 minute tram ride away and the popular Chapel St district, Prahran, is an easy 10 minute walk from the conference venue making hotels in these areas also easily accessible.
You will need to purchase a myki card to travel on public transport throughout Melbourne, see http://ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/myki/myki-visitor-pack/for more information.
These three hotels are within close walking distance to the conference venue:
- Melbourne Park View Hotel: http://viewhotels.com.au/melbourneparkviewhotel/
- The Mantra on St Kilda Rd: http://www.mantra.com.au/victoria/melbourne-and-surrounds/melbourne/accommodation/hotels/mantra-st-kilda-road/
- Park Regis Griffin Suites: http://www.parkregisgriffinsuites.com.au/
The location of the Alfred Hospital in relation to the southern end of the Melbourne CBD is shown here:
Enter the AMREP Education Centre via Commercial Rd:
The social function is a short walk away at College Lawn, 36 Greville St, Prahran: